Best Methods to Start Your Online Store
In today’s up to the minute digital era, everything is flourishing online, and so are stores. Everybody understands that now, building an online store is more feasible and cost-friendly than constructing an offline/physical one. And if you are looking for some help to start with your online store, then the below pointers are for you.
1. Take a Headstart
If you start things well, there is a good chance that it will end well too. So to kickstart your online store with a headstart that boosts you into the market, you need to have a name for your business – a brandable name. And that’s your first step towards starting an online store – choosing the best name for your online store. But how do you decide which one to choose? That’s why you are here, continue reading”
- Unique: You need to choose a different type of name that separates you from anyone in the market you roll.
- Short is good: Keeping your online store’s name short, within a span of 8-10 letters is a good idea to act upon. This way your potential clients will remember your name. Long spellings confuse the audience and land you in trouble.
- Is it get-at-able? Once you set on a name after brainstorming for hours, check with the offices holding Trademark and Patents information for the availability of the name. Avoid using generic names, as they are a hindrance on the way to the top of search engine result pages.
- Find a domain: After selecting a name, you need to find a domain name for your online presence. You need to choose a domain name which goes along with your brand name and suits your SEO plan too.
- The name should blend: From blend, it is meant that it should be usable for social media presence as well as the store’s name. Often people make the mistake and choose a name which is decent for their business but below average for social media handles.
Concluding, you should choose a name which represents your section of service. And after reading these pointers, if you still find yourself staring at the dark, you can use some help from interfaces such as business name generator and brand naming agencies. They are experts in naming and can give you the right name.
2. Starting your online store.
Now that you are all set with naming your online store, the next thing to ponder on is – how to start an online store? Follow these simple steps to start your own online store:
- Selecting a category: The first thing you need to do when you think of opening an online store is – what will you sell or offer people. How will your product be different from the rest of the market’s products? Selecting a niche helps you in figuring out how your sales will turn out and help you map a clear blueprint of the marketing strategy.
- Dropshipping or being the retailer: After you select a business niche, you must select in which way will you be selling your product. There are two ways to do it – the old way, purchasing in bulk and selling at retail price. The second being extremely popular these days is Drop Shipping. In this a customer gives you an order, the order details go to your wholesaler and they ship directly to your customers. You need to find out which one of these works best for you and do the needful.
- Select the products you’d like to sell: Now that you’ve figured out a brand name, a domain name, a business website, SEO plans and your niche, the next thing to do is to choose the products to list on your website. How can you do that? By analyzing public interest from Amazon bestselling list and other bestselling lists of popular stores like eBay, WallMart, etc.
- Registration: After figuring out everything from brand name to products to list on your website, it’s time for some real paperwork. You need to register your company and gets tax identity for running a smooth and legal business.
3. How to drive maximum sales to your online store.
Once you are set up an online store you will like to drive maximum sales to your online store for your greater revenues. To get maximum sales to follow these simple steps:
- Choose a great name for your store to attract customers.
- Plan out opening a store as stated above and then plan marketing for your store.
- Figure out marketing strategy and how you will be implying those. Mainly, there are 2 types of marketing you need to do :
- SEO – Tak help of an SEO firm or do it yourself. Analyze what attracts customers and segregate the keywords you need to put in your content. Your content should be exceptional and of caliber to make clients coming back for a read. Insert keywords naturally in your content and avoid overstuffing.
- Paid marketing – It has become one of the most popular forms of marketing from the past few years. Instagram ads and Facebook ads are a leading form of paid marketing, and doing ads over these social handles means more reach to your customers.
After figuring out a marketing strategy and implementing that, you need to relax and improve your service/product every day, every hour. And your online store will bloom like sunflowers in autumn. Happy selling…!!